Fried Rice w/ Gluten Free Brown Sauce
This fried rice with gluten free brown sauce is so easy to make and full of flavor! Makes for a quick dinner with lots of leftovers! Its packed full of veggies and protein! Can easily be made vegan or vegetarian by omitting the meat and eggs.
- 1 lb ground beef or meat of choice (we use elk)
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 c frozen peas
- 1 c chopped carrots
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ c brown sugar or golden monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ c GF soy sauce (tamari)
- 1 t ginger powder or fresh
- 2-4 eggs
- 1 c rice
- salt + pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to the package
- Mince garlic, chop carrots, bell pepper, and broccoli. Set aside
- In a large skillet brown the meat with the minced garlic, drain the fat and set aside in a bowl
- In the same pan, cook the veggies until fork tender. Then add the meat back to the pan.
- Add brown sugar, ginger, GF soy sauce to the pan. Stir and let simmer.
- In a separate pan, scramble the eggs.
- Then add eggs and cooked rice to the meat/veggie pan. Stir to combine