Elk + Pork Cheesy Meatloaf
This gluten free, dairy free homemade elk + pork meatloaf is juicy, tender, and delicious, just like mom used to make! And it's endometriosis friendly!
- 1 lb ground elk
- 1 lb ground pork
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 large egg
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ c coconut milk
- 1 c cornmeal
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T oregano
- 2 t parsley
- 2 t thyme
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- ¼ c coconut brown sugar or golden monk fruit sweetener
- ¾ c ketchup
- 2 t dijon mustard
- Follow Your Heart brand American cheese slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Dice onion. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and sauté onion until translucent. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, Worcestershire sauce, coconut milk, cornmeal, and seasonings. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, ketchup, and dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Add the meat and sautéed onions to the seasoning bowl and with your hands, mix to combine. Do not over mix or it will be tough.
- Add ½ of the meat mixture to the loaf pan, patting down in an even layer
- Spread an even layer of glaze and top with Follow Your Heart brand American cheese slices
- Add the rest of the meat mixture to the loaf pan, patting down in an even layer and topping with the remaining glaze
- Bake for 1 hour 15 min or until the internal temperature reaches 160-170 degrees F
- Remove from pan and slice. Storing slices in airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week